Saturday, September 27, 2008

Teaching and ministry in Gdynia

When we are at home we attend Ecclesia – a local Pentecostal church in Gdynia. More often I am invited to minister Sunday mornings. Recently I have spoken on “The gift of God – salvation”, “Overcoming temptation”, “Spiritual revival”, “The baptism of the Holy Spirit”, “Faith and overcoming fear” and I plan to do a series on “Man’s most dangerous weapon – the tongue”. Twice now I have also been asked to have a sermon for the children – for me it was a small challenge to preach to children for I am not accustomed to it. Also I was asked to share my testimony at the children’s club that the church runs for the neighborhood kids. The most difficult ministry though was conducting the funeral of a friend of mine Janusz who had his 4th heart attack. He went on to be with the Lord Jesus after a time of being in and out of the hospital. I gave a gospel message at the chapel knowing that most of his family are not believers. I knew almost his entire family and used the opportunity to share the message of hope with them. Again later at the grave they heard about the hope the we have in Christ. Two weeks later his youngest daughter Gosia (who is married) gave her life to the lord and has started attending the church. Her husband is an atheist, but he had also come a few times now. She is making friends with people in the church. Janusz’s wife Regina was devastated at her husband’s death, but her faith in God remains strong as she ministers in the worship team.