Saturday, May 2, 2009

Church plant in Kętrzyn

While I was in Kętrzyn for the financial seminar I visited the new church plant led by pastor Arek and his wife Jagoda. They have about 8 people in their church and a big heart for people. Their church at the moment is comprised of people that have had serious life problems. They have asked me to make a commitment this year to visit them regularly, and it is a joy for me to help them. Kętrzyn is about a 4 hour drive from my house. We decided that every time that I am there we would organize something for the people of the city. For now it will be financial seminars for the city. This past time that I was here they held their meeting in the Baptist church, and people from both churches came. After the service there was a time of ministry. On man there asked me if he made the right decision in his life. He recently converted and his wife gave him the alternative – either God or me. He chose God and his wife left him. Pray for his strength and commitment to follow the Lord.