Saturday, May 2, 2009

Debt seminar

The church in Kętrzyn organized two seminars in March and April in the series: “Your finances in uncertain times”. Pictured here is one of the 500 posters that were placed around the city. At the first meeting which, was in the cinema, the director from the city’s social services came to get information on how to help their citizens in debt. She was very grateful. Also local television was there filming for a TV program. After the seminar they did an interview with me.

The second meeting was held in the city hall. It combined a seminar and workshop time in calculating income, expenses and how to get out of debt. The participants were very grateful and many comments I heard went along the lines of: “I never heard such things before. I wish I knew that earlier, etc.”. Intertwined in the seminar I gave verses from the Bible and biblical wisdom. The goal was not only to help people financially, but lead them to seek God. Both seminars are being prepared as a DVD to pass out free to people in Kętrzyn.