Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christian Businessmen’s Fellowship

A number of years ago God had placed on my heart the need to start a fellowship for Christian businessmen. The timing though never seemed to be right. As such, I wanted God to confirm when the right time would be. About 2 months ago I felt a strong urge that now was the time. That same day a Christian lawyer came to me and said: “Jerry, I think you should start a fellowship for Christian businessmen”. Another brother also said it would be good if I would start something. Soon afterwards it was known that I will not be teaching at the Bible school. I shared the idea with a few brothers in business that I wanted to include in a leadership & counsel group, and each one was very positive about it. I know that in the USA and Europe many such organizations exist. There is though no such type of fellowship in the northern part of Poland. This Wednesday will be a meeting of the core group I selected where I will share my ideas and ask their opinions. From there we will plan something for local Christian businessmen. Please pray for God’s leading in this. I have many ideas, but I only want to work towards those that are truly from God.